The key issues I am focusing on during my campaign concern topics that will restore faith in our public officials, increase communication between citizens and public officials, and eliminate frivolous spending from Bay County’s budget.
Out with the old in with the new
I believe we need to look for new solutions to decades-old problems. There are so many technological solutions that are being overlooked but could have a great impact on our community. I developed a transaction management platform for the real estate market to bring new solutions to an old industry, And I’m ready to do the same for our county.
Using the Internet of things (IoT) to manage assets, resources, and services more efficiently.
- Incorporating sensing technology and data analytics in our infrastructure
Promoting IT hubs & Remote work opportunities
DIG DEEPER ON MY VISION OF A SMART COUNTY
Residents of this county deserve to be served with openness and communication, and there are a couple of things we can do to provide this
• Keep residents informed by disclosing county finances, contracts, and plans in an easy to read, accessible and searchable format.
• Give a voice to our residents by actively engaging them, through social platforms and a bay county app. This allows us to instantly share vital information, conduct polling, survey, and remain in constant communication with residents.
Transparency in Government
Eliminating wasteful spending
I believe the County Commission has a fiscal responsibility to make sound decisions in three primary areas:
• Spending - address our diminished budget, and make sure that we’re reducing spending in the right areas based on a benefit-cost ratio
• Timing- Due to uncertainty in the duration of the pandemic, we must push projects that are not critical to our economy and infrastructure back until we're in a more fiscally sound position.
• New income sources- leverage technology to both generate savings and bring more high paying remote-jobs, assisting us in keeping Bay’s best and brightest at home.